WOW!!! I just had to share this
story! CONTINUE.....
My name is Dayo. I’m a typical
Nigerian guy and I cherish my Fridays a lot; I get to hang out with the sickest
guys every Friday night and secondly, It’s another escape from my nagging and
boring wife.
I get confused sometimes on whether
she’s my mother or my wife. Don’t get it twisted; I love her pieces. It just
gets complicated; like I wish we never got married…marriage has turned her into
something that doesn’t amuse me.
I wish she was still the adventurous,
charming, high spirited lady I dated for five years.
A lot of people say its unethical for
married guys to be found in a club, but I wish everyone won’t be too quick to
judge and understand that people look for fun to run away from their problems;
they just want to breathe, like me.
I forgot to say that I work in
Guarantee Trust Bank along Lekki, I love my job and my job loves me, maybe its
because I’m the senior banking officer. Lol.
This particular morning, a lady
breezed into my office. My heart raced faster because I had not sighted anything
this beautiful in a long while. She wasn’t the typical slender Barbie, in fact,
she was a bit chubby but her smile, cuteness and…I was tripped.“Hi Good
morning! Your ATM has swallowed my card!” She laughed, unlike a typical
customer that would ram you.I just tried to form Boss laughter…“Good morning,
You know what? I’d personally make sure they get it out for you, but not today.
Can you wait till Monday?” I smiled“GTB shaaa! OK, can I just drop my number so
you could call me up or just text when its ready so I don’t come twice? Please?
My name is Nancy” She blinked her eyes in a funny way.“Sure” I smiled We
exchanged numbers. What a lucky Friday!
So it was 10:00pm and I headed to the
club…as usual my friends were chilling for me. My wife had called a couple of
times, I just ignored it. She knows I’m never home Friday nights.
“Look at you!” I heard someone say. I
raised my head and it was the ATM lady-Nancy.“Wow, look at you too!” I was
surprised to see her but I was happy I didn’t have to wait till Monday to see
her again.“Happy Friday!” She screamed because of the noise, “Wanna dance?”I
didn’t even have the chance to answer, she already pulled me to dance floor. I
really suck at dancing but she helped me; she was a great dancer! I had fun! At
some point we decided to go to a private area and we talked, ranging from work,
business to personal life. I tried to hide my ring as much as possible, I
certainly didn’t want this to end now.“You are a really wonderful lady.
You are so interesting…any guy would
want to be with you all day” I said.“I wasn’t always like this but I have
learned the hard way that life is just too short to be sad” she sang.
Then her phone rang…“Hey baby! Yeah
I’m at the private lounge, I’d like you to meet someone…alright boo” she talked
excitedly as usual.I was in shock until this tall handsome man walks up to her
and kisses her.“You were late. Meet Dayo; I met him this morning, he’s helping
with your ATM I told you got swallowed and Dayo this is my B to the O-O,” she
laughed “Meet my husband Kolade, we only come here to dance every fortnight
Friday; away from work, stress and kids.”“Wow, a pleasure” I managed to shake
himThen she stood now excitedly holding her husband’s arms.“Why don’t we invite
Dayo for Mimi’s 16th birthday tomorrow?” Her husband said They have kids
too? How long have they been married and they look like a couple just dating!“
Silly me, please come for my second daughter’s 16th tomorrow. It would be an
honor” She brought out an I.V from her purse.
I began to feel so ashamed of
myself…this was another guy like me, getting it right with one woman.I
collected the I.V and promised to be there.“See you tomorrow! Have you had
something to eat Kolade?” she talked and dragged her husband along.They left
and I kept staring at the thin air like I had seen a ghost.
They come just to dance together
every fortnight Fridays? Why didn’t I think of that! Temi loves to dance…she
also likes long walks, she loves to talk…she loves jazz music, there’s this
vivid picture I have of me putting her hand on my chest when we danced at a
jazz club on our first year anniversary…I found myself typing all the things I
knew Temi loved to do on my Ipad and I realized I had denied her of all…I had
made her the old woman she acts. What the hell was I doing here!
I didn’t even tell my friends
goodbye, I walked out of the club into my Jaguar.
Temi’s call came through and I picked
at first ring.“Temi?” My heart raced“
I know you are not coming home…”“I
am, stay up so we can gist. Been a while” I decided to do everything on that
list and to even add many more for the rest of my lifetime with her.“Are you
alright?” She was shocked I suppose“And I’d like us to go for a birthday party
tomorrow. I want you to meet this amazing couple” “You sound different
Dayo” “Maybe I’m different” “Don’t say it! don’t say it! when you
come we will gist very well” she laughed! She laughed!!! In just that
laughter that I hadn’t heard in a while, she sounded like the lady I married
six years ago…
Dear reader,I wrote this natural
piece just to remind us that creating memorable moments with our partner
matters. Do you know that little things are the sweetest things? Just creating
time to gist and laugh with your partner, having a day in the week that’s
exclusively for you both-No friends or kids allowed.Lady, when last have you
told your partner he is so darn hot? Guy! When last have you told your lady she
is the sweetest thing? When last have you whispered ‘Thank you’? When last have
you been quick to say ‘I’m sorry’? Do you even have a clue on what your
partner loves to do?When you ignore little things, they are the little pieces
of rocks that build up to become a mountain you can’t easily break down.Pay
attention to little things, believe that they work and experience new bliss!
Yours Truly,

No comments:
Post a Comment